It might be a bit shocking for you to know that allergies are likely to affect over 50 million Americans on a yearly basis. They mainly originate from the immune system, which is the body’s defense mechanism. The main goal is to defend the body against some of the harmful microorganisms like bacteria and viruses. It does that by releasing antibodies, which will kill the invaders. So, the real question over here is – Are allergies sign of a strong immune system? To learn more about the answer, keep on reading.
More on the allergic reactions
Allergic reactions mainly take place when the body releases antibodies to response to some of the harmless substances like pollen and dust. Allergies are widely caused due to multiple discomforts and those can range from itchy eyes to wheezing, and more. Some of the allergy testing centers are here to help you determine the real cause behind you sneezing and coughing. Here, you will learn what you are allergic to and how to prevent the same.
Do you think allergies can benefit your health?
Are allergies a sign of a strong immune system? Well, in some cases, the answer is yes. Some researchers have suggested that allergies can be your body’s mechanism to get rid of toxic substances and these are indicators that you have a strong immune system. The concept is very simple and it is time to delve right into the details.
· Allergy symptoms are perfect for keeping the unhealthy irritants right out of your body. For example, in case you end up inhaling an undesirable substance like pollen, chances are high that you will sneeze or exhale it. You might even end up producing excessive mucus.
· Allergic reactions are also your body’s natural means to warn you about the toxic substances and keep maintaining a distance.
· Some studies have further indicated that allergies are the robust defenses against some cancers.
· A study in 2012 states that people without allergies have higher risk of developing Glioma, than those who have allergies.
· Another study concluded that people with asthma and hay fever are 17% less likely to die from colorectal cancer.
· Some studies have shown that children who get exposed to allergens within their first years will be less likely to be a victim of allergies later in life.
So, from the points mentioned above, it can be clearly stated that the allergies are here to strengthen the defense system of the body. That makes your body rather more effective in identifying and eliminating some of the toxins known to cause cancer. This concept is the one that formed the allergy immunotherapy.
A common treatment to follow
In some parts of the world, allergy immunotherapy is a common treatment for some kinds of diseases. It will train the immune system to identify and then fight diseases. It is one way to boost the defense system of your body.
Understand more about this therapeutic session and more from The Allergy Suite right away!